Raise awareness about clinician burnout and innovative strategies to engage organizations and individuals in improving clincian well-being.
Services – Speaking
While the current focus of my work is helping women physicians, I have worked in the broader field of physician burnout and well-being for almost a decade.
I offer presentations and interactive workshops that are inclusive of all clinicians and all genders. Choose from one of these topics or chat with me about a topic tailored to your organization’s specific needs:
- Self Doubt and Imposter Syndrome: Getting Out from Under
- Addressing Physician Burnout on All Levels
- The ROI of Addressing Physician Well-Being
- Dismantling the Stigma of Physician Distress
- Physician Well-being: How to Expand Your Bandwidth from Your Locus of Control
- Voices from the Field: The Challenges Facing Women Physicians Today–And What’s Needed
- Support for Women Physicians: Childbearing and Childrearing Challenges
- Lactation is an Equity Issue and the Solution is More Than a Room in the Basement
- The Fertility Journey for Women Physicians
Get a taste of my speaking style in these videos and podcasts:
- KevinMD podcast interview: Solving Imposter Syndrome in Physicians
- MedPEP. Episode 13: Changing the system that destroys careers
- Red Hot Healthcare podcast: Turning up the Heat on Physician Burnout
- Lean Blog podcast: Preventing Physician Burnout
- Straight Talk MD podcast: Preventing Physician Burnout Part II
I look forward to speaking at your organization to inform and inspire change.
I’d love to chat to see if I can help you. Contact me to set up a conversation.
“Thank you for doing a presentation that was ‘spot on’ – found myself nodding my head in agreement…
Thank you for your passion on studying subject matter that is so important. I hope to bring the same sense of connection with my colleagues that I felt when listening to your presentation…I wish this presentation were required viewing for leadership : )
It was a wonderful and practical talk which raised my awareness.”
– Attendees of Addressing the Challenges Facing Women Physicians
“Dr. Shannon gave a wonderful presentation to our Wellforce provider community in September 2021. Her presentation was very practical, insightful, and precise. Many participants have requested that we welcome her back again for more such discussions.”
– Lija Joseph, MD and Lauren Rigsby, MDiv, Co-Chairs, Wellness and Resilience Committee, Lowell General Hospital
“Dr. Shannon delivered two virtual presentations on clinician wellbeing: one to our medical executive committee and the second as a Grand Rounds to the general medical staff membership. Her presentation was engaging, interactive, and informative. The feedback was very positive, and we hope to engage Dr. Shannon to return in the near future.”
– Miriam Neuman, MD, MPH, President of the Medical Staff & Chair, Department of Radiology, Mass General Brigham-Salem Hospital
“Diane Shannon’s presentation at our state specialty annual meeting received overwhelmingly positive reviews from our participants. It is a rare speaker who can reach out and grab attendees during a Zoom presentation in the evening, but Dr. Shannon accomplished this by projecting a personable and accessible style, while delivering valuable tools that engaged our physicians. She enabled our group to tackle the tough questions about how to define personal balance and to take first steps in regaining or retaining the joy in medicine.”
– Mary Beth Miotto, MD, MPH, Vice-President, Massachusetts Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
“Diane Shannon’s engaging and timely lecture attracted both clinical and administrative staff. Her message was unifying and a catalyst for positive systems changes. All members of the audience expressed their appreciation and as evident by the questions, found the talk very useful and educational.”
– Diane London, MD, Internal Medicine, Chair, Medical Education Committee, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital- Needham
“I am writing to express my gratitude for the MedPEP Changing the System That Destroys Careers podcast. I am dedicated to returning joy to the practice of medicine, as I’ve witnessed physicians—with whom I have worked both collegially and clinically—bear the brunt of our beleaguered health care system for far too long. Listening to the podcast has provided me not only with practical advice, but also the courage to speak with my superiors about my aspirations. Thank you a thousand times over to Dr. Shannon for her generosity, and for being a true source of inspiration!”
– Linda M. Bolle, PsyD, Clinical Psychologist, Department of Pain Management, Atrius Health
“Diane Shannon is an outstanding speaker. She has a natural gift for public speaking. Diane told her own story while also paying attention to the facts regarding physician burnout. The talk was artfully done.”
– Scott Rodgers, MD, Professor and Chair, Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior
University of Mississippi Medical Center
“Dr. Shannon was clear and well-prepared in her talk, which provided a framework for thinking about coaching and how it can intersect with therapy. She brings both valuable personal and professional experience to bear in looking at both how to support individuals and systems – both of which are needed to improve our health care system.”
– Jeff Brand, PsyD, CGP, Staff Psychologist & Adult Group Co-Coordinator, The Brookline Center for Community Mental Health
Yes! Send me my free ebook:
The Challenges Women Physicians Face: What’s Needed to Shift from Striving to Thriving.
Learn what women physicians across the country told me about the barriers they face--and about potential solutions. You'll also receive my biweekly newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Diane W. Shannon, MD, MPH, PCC
firstname.lastname@example.org | Connect on LinkedIn
Website Designed by Gem Seven Studio
Photography by Julia Snider and Kira M. Shannon
All rights reserved © 2022, Diane W. Shannon