CLINICIAN BURNOUT AND WELLBEING
Resources that I created are indicated with an asterix.
- *Book: Preventing Physician Burnout: Curing the Chaos and Returning Joy to the Practice of Medicine
- *Podcast: MedPEP. Episode 13: Changing the system that destroys careers
- *Blog post: Why I Left Medicine: A Burnt Out Doctor’s Decision to Quit. WBUR CommonHealth; Awarded Will Solimene Award for Excellence in Writing
- *Blog post: Reducing burnout tops the to-do list of health care orgs. Betsy Lehman Center for Patient Safety.
- *Article: Addressing Physician Burnout: Individual Solutions Versus System and Workplace Fixes. Worcester District Medical Society. Worcester Medicine.
- *Article: Physician Well-Being: A Powerful Tool for Improving the Patient Experience, Physician Executive Journal
- Resource Center: National Academy of Medicine. Knowledge Hub on Clinician Well-Being and Resilience.
- Comparison of survey tools to measure burnout: Valid and Reliable Survey Instruments to Assess Work-related Dimensions of Well-being. National Academy of Medicine.
- Report: Massachusetts Medical Society, et al. A Crisis in Healthcare: A Call to Action on Physician Burnout.
- Article: Tait Shanafelt, et al. Changes in Burnout and Satisfaction With Work-Life Integration in Physicians and the General US Working Population Between 2011 and 2017.
- Article: Tait Shanafelt, et al. Healing the Professional Culture of Medicine. Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
- Report: National Academy of Medicine. Burnout Among Health Care Professionals: A Call to Explore and Address This Underrecognized Threat to Safe, High-Quality Care.
- Report: Institute for Healthcare Improvement. IHI Framework for Improving Joy in Work.
- Module: American Medical Association. Steps Forward module: Organizational Cost of Physician Burnout (includes ROI calculator)
- Blog post: John Noseworthy, et al. Physician Burnout Is A Public Health Crisis: A Message To Our Fellow Health Care CEOs. 2017
CHALLENGES FACING WOMEN PHYSICIANS
- *Report: The Challenges Women Physicians Face: Shifting from Striving to Thriving
- *Blog post: Quieting the Misery of Self Doubt and Imposter Syndrome
- *KevinMD podcast interview: Solving Imposter Syndrome in Physicians
- *Blog posts on lactation support as an equity issue and on a lactation support program for physicians
- Article: Advancing Gender Equity in Medicine
- National Academy of Medicine report: Gender-Based Differences in Burnout: Issues Faced by Women Physicians
- Article: Gender Differences in Time Spent on Parenting and Domestic Responsibilities by High-Achieving Young Physician-Researchers
- Article: Working Mothers Face Wall Bias: There Are Ways to Push Back
I’d love to chat to see if I can help you. Contact me to set up a conversation.
Yes! Send me my free ebook:
The Challenges Women Physicians Face: What’s Needed to Shift from Striving to Thriving.
Learn what women physicians across the country told me about the barriers they face--and about potential solutions. You'll also receive my biweekly newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.