The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our world and exacerbated physician burnout. Physicians need support now and recovery. And when the dust settles in a new normal, we must fix the system issues that drive burnout, rather than expecting physicians to be more resilient to ever increasing chaos. Here is information about free coaching sessions and resources on the effects of COVID-19 on physicians and actions that can help mitigate the stress of the pandemic.
- Article, We kept arguing at home about COVID-19 safety. This simple exercise helped: I share my personal experience navigating conflicts with my husband about coronavirus risk reduction.
- Podcast: Dr. Jo Shapiro speaks about COVID-19 from her expertise in peer support and as a patient.
- Article, Understanding and Addressing Sources of Anxiety Among Health Care Professionals During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Dr. Tait Shanafelt and colleagues on addressing the sources of stress of health care professionals
- Blog post, The guilt of not being on the frontlines of the pandemic: Dr. Rohr-Kirchgraber and colleagues on survivor guilt from not being at the frontlines
- Blog post: Dr. Paul DeChant on safety as a core leadership value
- Blog post: Chip Conley on becoming a PEAK leaders
I’d love to chat to see if I can help you. Contact me to set up a conversation.
“Even when Dr. Shannon is addressing diverse members of the health care team, her clear approach to our occupational health crisis motivates and empowers her audience to take collaborative, positive action.”
– Laura Garelick, MD, Chief, Family Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, Needham, MA
Yes! Send me my free ebook:
The Challenges Women Physicians Face: What’s Needed to Shift from Striving to Thriving.
Learn what women physicians across the country told me about the barriers they face--and about potential solutions. You'll also receive my biweekly newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Diane W. Shannon, MD, MPH, PCC
email@example.com | Connect on LinkedIn
Website Designed by Gem Seven Studio
Photography by Julia Snider and Kira M. Shannon
All rights reserved © 2022, Diane W. Shannon